A time of change will bring us opportunities as well as problems. But even if we see them clearly, the uncertainty of a changing world can still leave us unsure about how best how to move forward.
If you don’t know where you want to get to, all ways forward can seem equally (ir)relevant.
The tools of several chapters of Inner Leadership will help us build clarity:
- The tools of Chapter 1 enable us to centre and ground, connecting us more strongly with who we are and what matters most to us
- The tools of Chapters 2 and 3 help us to think around the situation, identifying more alternatives and making it clearer what is more (or less) attractive and why
- Chapter 5 uncovers our purpose and values, which bring long term guidance to any situation
- Chapter 6 helps us explore what inspires us most, and
- The tools of Chapter 4 help us to learn from our past, and our future, and provide an analytical tool that we can use to choose between the options we have generated
In a time of churning, all ways forward can seem difficult or uncertain.
While it is important to avoid overthinking, an appropriate amount of work to clarify who you are now and who you most want to become will help you choose your best way forward — and build the energy and enthusiasm that will keep you going in a time of change.
Have you ever struggled to choose a way forward? Were you unclear who you wanted to become? Are you clear now? Would it be useful to become clearer?
Adapted from Inner Leadership: tools for building inspiration in times of change.
You can sign up to daily posts here.