A time of change brings us opportunities as well as problems. But even if we see those opportunities clearly, the uncertainty of a changing world means we can still feel unsure about how best how to move forward.
“If you don’t know where you want to get to, all ways forward will seem equally (ir)relevant.”
Several tools of Inner Leadership help us to build clarity around where we most want to get to, who we want to become:
- The tools of Chapter 1 enable us to centre and ground, connecting us more strongly with who we are and what matters most to us
- The tools of Chapters 2 and 3 help us to make clearer sense of the situation and identify more alternatives for action, both of which can help us to notice what we find attractive and what we don’t
- Chapter 5 uncovers our purpose and values: these bring long-term guidance and direction to any situation
- Chapter 6 enables us to explore what most inspires us
- And the tools of Chapter 4 explicitly help us to learn from the future we want to create
In a time of churning, all ways forward can seem difficult or uncertain.
Have you ever struggled to choose a way forward? Was it because you were unclear who you wanted to become and which direction would take you there? Would it be useful for you to become clearer?
Adapted from Inner Leadership: a framework and tools for building inspiration in times of change.
You can sign up to daily posts here.