Winston Churchill famously said:
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
A time of change brings us many barking dogs.
If we allow ourselves to be distracted by all of them we will never reach our destination.
This is why Inner Leadership includes several tools to keep us focused and on course:
- Staying calm in a crisis and connecting with what matters most
- Making clear sense of our situation
- Knowing which barking dogs matter and deciding how you will behave when you meet one
- Deciding which dogs to engage with and which ones to ignore
- Knowing the destination you ultimately want to get to
- Choosing the best way forward for you now
- Creating a vision that will inspire you when barking dogs are all around
You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.
Do you know which dogs to ignore, which ones to pay attention to, and how you will handle them?
Adapted from Inner Leadership: tools for building inspiration in times of change.
You can sign up to daily posts here.
Photo from Wikipedia