Inner Leadership is a book of seven chapters that each contain tools that make us more able to inspire ourselves and others during times of change.
Applied in order, these tools provide a seven-step framework for responding to any situation:
- Steady yourself and connect deeply with who you are and what matters most to you
- Make clear sense of the situation
- Find the opportunities
- Choose the opportunity that is best for you
- Check it against your purpose and values
- Describe your chosen way forward as an inspiring vision
- Prepare for implementation
As you might notice, this is also a recipe for achieving Conscious Leadership.
Repeating the cycle will improve your abilities at each competency.
In this way these tools provide a staircase of simple steps that anyone can climb, from wherever you are now to an inspiring vision of what you want to build instead.