They say a diamond is just a piece of charcoal that learned to handle stress exceptionally well.
Inner Leadership is a book on how to handle the stress of change and use it to become stronger.
Achieving this doesn’t happen overnight.
It takes skill or mastery at seven steps:
- Remain calm, centred, and grounded, and connect more deeply with your priorities
- Make clearer sense of the situation
- Find more options for moving forward
- Choose the way forward that is best for you
- Check it against your purpose and values
- Describe it in a way that inspires and enthuses you, and others
- Maintain that inspiration and enthusiasm as you move forward
And whatever level of skill you have, you can then repeat and improve.
Over the next 100 days, this blog will bring you key extracts from the book. There will be one post from Chapter 1, one from Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and then back to Chapter 1 again.
This won’t cover everything in the book. But it will include many of the more than 30 tools.
If you haven’t read the book it will give you a taster. If you have read the book it will act as a reminder — all part of maintaining your practice.
And once you have mastered all seven steps you will be on the road to becoming antifragile. You will not only survive change, you will use change to become stronger.
And once you can do that, then you can lead the people around you to do the same.
Do you want to become better at handling change? Do you want to use change to become stronger? Do you want to teach the people around you to do the same?
Adapted from Inner Leadership: a framework and tools for building inspiration in times of change.
You can sign up to daily posts here.